BritainUSA Homepage Artist David Mach created this public sculpture in Kingston upon Thames from old telephone boxes. The Senedd, National Assembly for Wales, Cardiff Bay Scottish wind farm. Liam Neeson, actor from Northern Ireland.
 Britain's official website for the USA
  Click here for a print-friendly version of this page. Print Version | Ambassador's Greeting | Contact Us | Site Map | Job Postings | Email Alerts
Visas and Visiting the UK
Passport and Consular Services
Britain in the US
Visiting and Residing in the UK
UK Government and Countries
Culture and Heritage
UK/US Relations
UK Science and Innovation
Study in the UK
British Foreign Policy
UK Devolved Administrations
All about Britain
Britain for Kids
BritainUSA Home > Visiting and Residing in the UK > Health and Pensions
Health and Pensions

Frequently Asked Questions are listed in order of popularity.

Where can I find information on British pensions and social security benefits?
Residents of the United States who have paid national insurance contributions in Britain may be entitled to a retirement pension from the United Kingdom.

What health care services are available to travellers in the UK?
With the exception of emergency care treatment, American tourists to the United Kingdom do not receive free health care through the National Health Service. Detailed information on emergency care and hospital care for tourists is available from the National Health Service

red dot Can I bring prescription drugs into the UK?

Sign up here!
Get BritainUSA Email Alerts



About Us | Accessibility | Feedback | User Information | Email this page | pdf Reader
The Royal Coat of Arms
This site is produced and maintained by the British Embassy in Washington DC. We assume no legal liability for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information disclosed in the site. Links to other Internet sites from this site should not be construed as an endorsement of the views contained therein.