BritainUSA Homepage Artist David Mach created this public sculpture in Kingston upon Thames from old telephone boxes. The Senedd, National Assembly for Wales, Cardiff Bay Scottish wind farm. Liam Neeson, actor from Northern Ireland.
 Britain's official website for the USA
  Click here for a print-friendly version of this page. Print Version | Ambassador's Greeting | Contact Us | Site Map | Job Postings | Email Alerts
Visas and Visiting the UK
Passport and Consular Services
Britain in the US
Visiting and Residing in the UK
UK Government and Countries
Culture and Heritage
UK/US Relations
UK Science and Innovation
Study in the UK
British Foreign Policy
UK Devolved Administrations
All about Britain
Britain for Kids
BritainUSA Home > Visiting and Residing in the UK > Tourist Information
Tourist Information

Frequently Asked Questions are listed in order of popularity.

Where can I get official advice from British and U.S. governments on travel abroad?
The U.S. State Department offers travel advice for U.S. citizens, including information on travel to the United Kingdom.

How old is Stonehenge?
Stonehenge, the most famous prehistoric monument in Britain, is situated on Salisbury Plain in the county of Wiltshire.

red dot Can I bring food into the UK?

red dot Can I bring firearms into the UK?

red dot What is ‘Big Ben’?

red dot How can I obtain tourist information about Britain?

red dot Can I drive through the Channel Tunnel?

red dot What is the British weather like?

red dot Where can I find maps of Great Britain?

red dot Where can I find information on the Tower of London?

red dot Where can I find information for visitors to the United Kingdom who are disabled or in need of special travel, transportation or medical arrangements?

red dot How can I see the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace or Windsor Castle?

red dot What is Speakers’ Corner?

red dot Can tourists bring bows and arrows into Britain?

red dot Where can I find information on accommodations for tourists in apartments, student dormitories or residence halls?

red dot How can I visit the Houses of Parliament?

red dot Where can I find a list of ceremonial events taking place in London?

Sign up here!
Get BritainUSA Email Alerts



About Us | Accessibility | Feedback | User Information | Email this page | pdf Reader
The Royal Coat of Arms
This site is produced and maintained by the British Embassy in Washington DC. We assume no legal liability for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information disclosed in the site. Links to other Internet sites from this site should not be construed as an endorsement of the views contained therein.